Have you ever considered that simply inviting someone to church could be all it takes for Jesus to take hold of them and change their life? All you have to do is ask them to come! It seems too simple, doesn’t it?
“Ninety-six percent of the unchurched are at least somewhat likely to attend church if they are invited. Perhaps we need to pause on this response. Perhaps we need to restate it. More than nine out of 10 of the unchurched said they would come to church if they were invited.” Dr. Thomas Rainer
Yet, for various reasons, we often hesitate to invite others to come to a church service. We allow fear of awkward conversations or rejection to stop us from inviting those close to us, as well as strangers, to a place where they can hear the good news and meet Jesus.
Here are a few ideas which might help you start the journey to inviting a friend or family member to church this week:
- Pray for them
- Start talking about your experience of church with them
- Offer to meet them for a coffee at Cafe Avodah – not everybody has two heads!
- Invite them to an Alpha Course that Steve is running
- Share a Facebook post by the church on to your Facebook wall
- Get out of your comfort zone and invite them to church this Sunday